Friday, January 29, 2010

To the Nay-sayers

To the Nay-Sayers in my life...
To those who speak disparagingly about assisting the same people time and again...
To those who question the worthiness of the needy...
To those who elevate the value of their time, effort, and energy to such a place that it is "untouchable" to those "unworthy"...

I acknowledge that I cannot change your point of view.

The Buddha once claimed that if every man knew the transcendence, peace, compassion, and contentment he would find through Giving, he would never want to eat another meal without sharing it... or something like that... I'm not very good at remembering quotes word-for-word... but the gist of it is there.

It's called Transpersonal Service.
It requires the practitioner to release the ego's "superior/inferior" stories...
...to realize that the Ego will always want MORE, and so must be released before true contentment can be experienced...
...to be consciously Aware and find Compassion for things outside of our own skin...
...to find Joy when another being experiences happiness...
...to serve without expectation or other personal motives...

I remember when I had become so jaded, cynical, and skeptical that I forgot these things... forgot who I am...

I remember now.

I feel compassion for you, Nay-Sayers.

My wish for you is to find Contentment.

To those who have spoken against my decision to take action and to take up certain responsibilities...
To those who cite "personal gain" and "making others look bad" as probable motives for my decisions...
Those who believe my path is folly...

My actions are my own... and I do not hold myself or others to the values and ethics that are not their own.
I do not and will not chastise you for inaction.
Neither will I carry the shame or guilt you may feel for your inaction.
And if you become hungry or cold... or are in need of pastoral care... guess what? I'll be there for you, too.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Margie. You are my rock and I am so very thankful for you.

    Misty

    ReplyDelete