Wednesday, March 19, 2008

musing

The evening is cold and windy. More snow coming.
The snow still sits on Peavine, but my garden is already started. The shelves sitting behind me are green with fresh new starts, leaning and bending toward the window. pretty little things. I note idly that the cucumbers and corn will need to be re-potted and thinned before the end of the weekend. I need more shelves.
I picked up a few dozen nightcrawlers for the compost bin. Thankfully, the raven who's been visiting prefers the pile of manure in the back.
I've decided I'm not planting any flowers this year... well... except for the sunflowers for Laramie and the snapdragons for Cassi. My planters will be used for herbs, vegetables, and strawberries.
So much to do, so much to do.
But there's still snow on Peavine.

I'm stuffed from dinner... breakfast for dinner tonight... yum. Nothing beats fresh eggs to go with waffles and organic sausage.

The gander tells me that Laramie's home from her friend's house. He's such a funny bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment